Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy: Quieter, deeper, more thoughtful. You strive for perfection in your life and are often disappointed and tend toward depression because perfection in life is rarely if ever attained. Your catchphrase: "If it is worth doing it is worth doing right."

This is SO me. I guess this would be my main temperament?

Powerful Choleric: Can be bossy and short tempered. But on the positive side, you are goal oriented, highly organized, a high achiever and very outgoing. You're catchphrase: "Just do it!"

My minor temperament?

What a combo!

This week I am feeling the "tendency toward depression" I guess because I am so tired and have realized that I can't do it all. I love going and doing and planning and events, but I have had one right after the other the last month and half and I am t.i.r.e.d! Last weekend we went to Branson and Grace did not do well. My sweet, mild mannered, easy going little baby girl turned into a screaming, hurting, mad and very difficult young lady. She had another tooth break though and a severely runny nose. (The kind that cakes on to your nose and won't come off no matter how many time you wipe it!) I guess when you add that to a severe disdain of her car seat, stroller, car ride and outlet mall shopping, it's a recipe for disaster. (I really thought going into it that it would be better or I honestly wouldn't have tried to go.) She still isn't totally herself, but it is amazing how much better she is since we have been home. I can safely say that shopping isn't her thang! :)

SOO, this week I have moped around. So tired, sore (from lugging her so much), and sad. Things are beginning to look up and will continue to CHOOSE to have joy and to take delight in my life, my husband and my children.

I have been fortunate to have some time off from work to take care of my runny-nosed girl. Today I got out and about and it felt good! Then we came home and both of the girls napped at the same time and that felt REAL good!

Tonight, Dan had a Church Council meeting and I am home with the girls. They crack me up! Grace is in to everything (just like her big sister)! Heaven help me!! Today Grace destroyed my bathroom by pulling everything out of my toiletry bag, dumping the trash can, and smooshing muffins all over the place (it's a long story!) and tonight Sophie covered the front bathroom with Dan's shaving creme. Lovely! (I can't find my camera or I would have definitely photographed these whopper messes!)

I guess I better get off here and get to cleaning before Dan gets home!

Anybody else out there a Melancholy gal?

No comments: